“Most people are afraid of suffering. But suffering is a kind of mud to help the lotus flower of happiness grow. There can be no lotus flower without the mud.”
— Thich Nhat Hanh
I wholly believe that our struggles can give rise to a beautiful life, and I also know that finding that flower within the mud can be difficult to do alone. If you’ve been struggling with depression, anxiety, PTSD, or general difficulty managing your emotional reactions, let me help you find your way to a life worth living. I take a mindfulness-based approach to therapy and offer Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Multicultural Therapy, and treatment for PTSD, women’s issues, and relationship issues in Franklin Park, NJ. My office is easily accessible to Somerset, Middlesex, and Mercer counties via Route 27, Route 1, Route 18, and the NJ Turnpike.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you and I may likely be a good fit for each other:
- Have you been having trouble managing your emotional reactions to every day stressors?
- Have you been coping with difficult emotions by using strategies that you feel uncomfortable talking to others about (such as self-harm, substance use, eating disordered behaviors)?
- Have you had a difficult time falling asleep or getting out of bed in the morning?
- Have you been troubled by memories of past events that you can’t seem to move past?
- Have you found yourself avoiding people or activities that you used to enjoy?
- Are you a new mom struggling with managing post-partum depression or anxiety?
- Are you having difficulty reconciling parts of yourself into a whole person in your environment and our culture?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, I can help you figure out skills and strategies that will help you move forward in the direction you want. Contact me and we’ll work together to help you change your life.